The Secretariat shall serve as the administrative body of the IDESG and promote alignment of the Steering Group’s operations with the NSTIC Guiding Principles. The role and responsibilities of the Secretariat are described in the sections that follow.
Selection of Secretariat.
- The Secretariat shall initially be provided by the NSTIC National Program Office. At such time that the IDESG becomes self-sustaining, the Management Council shall be responsible for acquiring secretariat services support.
- At such time that the IDESG becomes self-sustaining, the Management Council shall be responsible for acquiring secretariat services support.
Secretariat Responsibilities. The Secretariat shall act in a neutral capacity, divesting itself of any technical or other point of view. The Secretariat is responsible for ensuring that these Rules and the decisions of the IDESG are followed. The Secretariat is responsible for facilitating, monitoring, reporting, and ensuring active progress of the IDESG work to conclusion. The Secretariat shall:
- Distribute IDESG documents and process received comments and input.
- Assist the IDESG leadership in establishing work priorities, agendas, target dates and other management activities as needed.
- Record and make available all decisions of the IDESG for confirmation, and prepare reports for the IDESG as requested.
- Support the Steering Group’s efforts to ensure alignment with the NSTIC Guiding Principles and operating principles.
- Enable timely and public distribution of IDESG products and information; including, but not limited to, maintenance of the IDESG Website.
- Provide the resources and personnel for the Ombudsman position.
- Take and record attendance at Plenary meetings.
- During the election process the Secretariat shall be responsible for the administration and conduct of General Elections.