Website New Features
We are pleased to roll out new functionality to the Identity Ecosystem Steering Group Website. Here is how you can utilize the new features.
- Learn how to set up Federated Login Here.
- All idecosystem.org user registration is now handled using a federated identity management system enabled by Ping Identity. Two commercial identity providers (IdP) are currently supported, Google and Yahoo. And to accommodate users who do not have an account with Google or Yahoo (or do not wish to use it here), Janrain has sponsored an OpenID provider specifically for the Steering Group’s use.
- Any user can create topics and participate in existing topics.
- Subscribe to a Forum via RSS by clicking the RSS logo on the bottom left of screen.
- Click "New Topic" to add new topic.
- Choose an existing topic to participate in the discussion.
- Inside a topic, click "Subscribe" to get updates via email.
Event Calendar: Click “Calendar” on the main menu.
- View the calendar by Month, Week, Day, or Year
- Subscribe to the entire IDESG Calendar via ical web calendar under any calendar view.
- Click an event to view event details.
- From the event page, users can download the event .ics file.
- Events are color-coded by group. A legend describing colors is provided under the calendar.
- Each plenary group page links to a calendar showing only events for that group.
Documents: Click “Documents” under the “Resources” tab on the main menu.
- Each group has its own document folder.
- Subscribe to additions to a folder by clicking the folder name, and checking your desired subscription options.
- In the list of documents, click the green arrow to download a file.
- Click the hyperlinked file name for more options (such as subscribing to updates to a particular document or to view File Revisions).
- To get the URL of the file, find the document, click its name to view details. On the details page, right click the download button to copy the link address.