The Primary Activities of the IDESG shall be limited to achievement of the objectives listed in this charter. Additional activities that are not considered essential to completion of these objectives may be conducted when determined appropriate through IDESG consensus. The scope of the IDESG’s activities is summarized in the sections that follow.
1. Promote and Adopt Standards.
The IDESG shall establish forums and procedures to review applicable standards and adopt those that support achievement of the NSTIC vision, conform to the Guiding Principles, and meet other established requirements. Additionally, the IDESG shall
- Recommend standards be established when gaps are identified; and,
- Advocate for standards to be established and adopted in a timely manner and be sufficient to keep pace with emerging technology and market trends.
2. Develop and Maintain Policies.
The IDESG shall establish the mechanisms necessary to develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures that are appropriate for use in the Identity Ecosystem and conform to the NSTIC Guiding Principles. The IDESG shall support the timely development and implementation of policies.
3. Develop and Maintain Processes for the Accreditation of Identity Ecosystem Entities.
The IDESG shall develop, foster, and implement a clear process for accrediting entities within the Identity Ecosystem as well as develop clear testing and certification criteria by which adherence to the recommended standards and policies may be measured. The IDESG shall ensure that this accreditation process is applied fairly to all Identity Ecosystem participants.
4. Develop and Maintain Identity Ecosystem Operating Procedures.
The IDESG shall develop, administer, and maintain Identity Ecosystem Operating Procedures to facilitate interoperability between and among the Identity Ecosystem participants. Operating Procedures refers to the set of policies and standards created by the IDESG as accepted baseline requirements for participating in the Identity Ecosystem Framework.