The Mission of the Identity Ecosystem Steering Group (IDESG) shall be to govern and administer the Identity Ecosystem Framework in a manner that stimulates the development and sustainability of the Identity Ecosystem.
The IDESG will always operate in accordance with the NSTIC’s Guiding Principles:
- Identity solutions will be privacy-enhancing and voluntary.
- Identity solutions will be secure and resilient.
- Identity solutions will be interoperable.
- Identity solutions will be cost-effective and easy to use.
The activities and work products of the IDESG shall be conducted in support of the following objectives:
- Ensuring that the Identity Ecosystem and Identity Ecosystem Framework conform to the four NSTIC Guiding Principles;
- Administering the process for policy and standards development and adoption for the Identity Ecosystem Framework and, where necessary establishing policies standards for the Identity Ecosystem Framework.
- Adopting and, where necessary, establishing standards for the Identity Ecosystem Framework.
- Certifying that accreditation authorities validate adherence to the requirements of the Identity Ecosystem Framework.