IDESG Listserv Types
Mailing lists are now available for the numerous committees which will be working together on aspects of the IDESG. The complete list is provided below. The lists are implemented using the Mailman mailing list manager software. Full usage instructions can be found at http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-member/index.html.
- Open Lists: Anyone can subscribe. Archives are world viewable. Any member can post - no approval necessary.
- Stakeholder Category Lists (SHC Lists): Listserv is designed for communication between SHC members and their delegate. Subscription requires approval. Archives are world viewable.
- Retired Lists: Archives preserved, but no new subscriptions or posts.
- Private Lists: Subscription requires approval. Archives viewable only to members. Any member can post.
- Restricted Lists: Anyone can subscribe. Archives are world viewable. Need one-time approval for posting privileges.
If you wish to simply browse online archives, it is not necessary to subscribe to a list. All archives for all lists are public. Anyone can start at http://mail.idecosystem.org/mailman/listinfo, select a list, and browse the list archives. You can also visit http://www.idecosystem.org/page/plenary-groups to see a list of all archive links.
If you wish to be notified proactively when new posts are added to the list, you must subscribe to the list as described below. Once subscribed, you can set delivery options to choose whether new posts should be emailed to you immediately, or periodically in digest form.
The table below gives a quick reference for the most basic list operations - subscribing to a list, and posting a message to a list. For any other actions you may want to take on a list, please see usage instructions at http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-member/index.html. That information is not repeated here.
|Subscribe to a list||
Using the web interface:
Using the email interface:
Regardless of the subscribe method you choose, you will receive a confirmation email, to which you must reply to confirm you want to join the list.
Also regardless of the subscribe method you choose, you can log in at any time using the web interface to set delivery options, view the subscriber list, change your password, etc.
|Post a message to a list||You must first subscribe to the list as described above. After that, simply email LISTNAME@idecosystem.org, replacing LISTNAME with a name from the table below (e.g. email@example.com). Your email will be delivered to everyone who has subscribed the list, and also made available in the public list archives.|